Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 3: Tuesday

Woke up at 5:30 am today. I had to run today but I was too lazy to go out. It's dark and it has been raining since Saturday. But as I was about to go back to bed, I heard a tiny voice telling me, "you regret the runs that you do not do". So I got up, stepped out and treaded 4 miles in 43 minutes. I was a bit slow but I expected that since the last ran I did was on Thursday last week. I feel bad that I haven't been training consistently this month. I am a bit concerned that I would not perform well on my half-marathon. Oh well, I hope I'm wrong.

Weekend Recap

January 16

Bing arrived on Saturday at John Wayne Airport. We went to Disneyland and did a bunch of stuff with the kids. Mostly, picture-taking with the characters. Justine and Jamie were with me and Bing, while James spent his day with Josh. The girls saw Tinkerbell, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Minnie Mouse. The boys on the other hand,lined up for Jedi Training and the Matterhorn Bobsled. All of us went to see the Small World, which still had a Christmas theme. And we also caught a glimpse of the parade on Main Street. I think I had more fun watching the kids who were so amazed with all the characters. We finished our day at around 6:30 because my 30-year old self was too tired to walk and stand in long lines. Oh Disney, I hope to visit you soon!

We had dinner at Tan Cang Newport Seafood Restaurant in Santa Ana, CA. James found this place on Yelp and was convinced that this would satisfy Bing's craving for Chinese food. We ordered the House Special Lobster, Kang Kong, Yang Chow Fried Rice and Deep Fried Fish. Every thing was G-O-O-D. The bill came up to more than $100. A bit pricey compared to Chinatown but worth every penny nevertheless. MSG never disappoints, hehe!

We stayed at the Best Western Meridian Inn and Suites at Orange. It was very close to The Block (in Orange) and just 6 miles from the Theme Park. We had two queen beds, a small living room and a kitchen. Not bad for just $129 a night :) When we got settled, Bing opened her suitcase and played Santa Clause to the kids. Josh got a Star Wars Lego set and a blue NYC Teddy bear, Jess got a Snow White + Horse set and a white NYC Teddy bear, Jamie got a Cinderella + Horse set and a yellow NYC Teddy bear and I got a Polo RL long-sleeved shirt, a Polo knit sweater and a North Face jacket. It was a wonderful post-Christmas celebration with the sis. Thanks for the presents, Tita Bing!


January 17

Left the hotel at around 10am to get to California Adventure. I wanted to get there early because rain was in the forecast. So as soon as we got in, we queued up for Aladdin. The show began at 12:10 and everything was just incredible. I haven't watched a musical before and Bing said that it was very similar to Broadway minus the live orchestra. Too bad James had to miss it because he needed to watch the Vikings. Oops, I meant study for his interview.

We had lunch at the Rainforest cafe in Downtown Disney with Bing's bestfriend, Jaja. We were pleasantly shocked when she introduced Jeremy as her fiance. They were engaged the night before and we were some of the first ones to hear about the good news. Bing was even more surprised when the bride-to-be asked her to design her gown and her bridesmaids' dresses. Bing will be doing 3 weddings this year and all of them asked for her creative input. I can't wait to see her beautiful works of art.

Rain started pouring at around 2pm so we decided to head back to the hotel. It was a good thing that James went to Downtown Disney early because the weather made the day with the kids more challenging.

We had dinner at 8pm in CPK, Irvine Spectrum with my cousin Ate C and her daughter P. It was a good reunion. Too bad, we didn't get to talk that much. In any case, I am glad I didn't miss the opportunity to see them. I had fun and I hope they did too.

January 18

We said our goodbyes at around 10:20am at the US Airways terminal in LAX. I tried so hard not to shed tears when Bing left and failed miserably. Not more than 2 minutes later, I phoned to tell her that we would get her food from Carl's Junior so she wouldn't have to buy. Thanks to James' driving skills, we came back a few seconds short of her getting through security.

Thanks for coming, Bing! I am so looking forward to your next visit already :)


No comments: