I began my day at around 6:15 am. It was still dark when I left the house so I made sure that I was wearing my reflectors. I planned to run 5 miles in 50 minutes but it took me 51:30. Bummer. I guess I need to concentrate on my form and my speed next time. The thing is, when I run, my mind wanders off. I think about James' job application, my job application, my tasks at work, what to eat for breakfast, the LA Marathon, that car that almost run me over and a gazillion other stuff. Perhaps if I try to exert more effort into packing more power into running then my speed would improve. In any case, I would like to congratulate myself for pounding pavement this morning. Good job, Jinkee :)
My boss S called me today to ask how I am doing. He told me that he wanted to help me out by removing some of the pressure that I am feeling. You see, I had a meltdown last Friday. I was overwhelmed by the amount and complexity of the projects that were being handed to me. And to make things worse, I don't feel that I am getting any of my tasks done. I told him that I am just tired of all of these never-ending lists that were being assigned to me. I need to see some level of completion and I don't see that happening on any of my projects. He suggested that I tackle smaller projects so I could get a sense of accomplishment. He thinks that the frustration that I am feeling is rooted at the fact that (at this point) nothing ever gets pushed to production. I agreed that working on smaller enhancements here and there may be a good approach on addressing my work-related issues. So let's see how it goes. Hopefully, my experience at work today would be more pleasant than expected.
I chatted with AC on YM this afternoon. I told her that B is coming over this weekend and we would love to have dinner with her and my niece P. She told me that she can meet us at IS in the evening. I'm so excited! I remember those days when she would take us to Fiesta Carnival in Cubao and gorge on burgers after. 20 years after, it is us who's taking her to dinner. Ahh, the circle of life. I love it!
Thank you Lord for a wonderful Monday :)
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought you were talking about Anthony when you said AC so I was scratching my head since the rest didn't make sense. hehe. I love you babe! I hope you feel better :)
Post a Comment