Friday, September 03, 2004

Wanted: Mekaniko

Having been absent yesterday, I decided to make it on time to work today. That's why as of 7am was already on the road. Monday, September 6 is Labor Day so I was not surprised that the drive on the freeway was smooth and accident-free.I guess a lot of people took off early to enjoy the long weekend.

Everything was going as planned until I run over those those reflectorized protrusions on the 110. I heard this loud thud on my passenger side. At first, I thought it was just a huge bump. A few seconds later, I heard it again. So I turned on my right signal as soon as I exited. Then I decided to pull over right in front of the Plum Tree Inn Restaurant along Hill Street. I got off and rushed to inspect the wheels. You guessed it, A FLAT TIRE!

I called Leon to tell him that I was going to be late. Afterwards, I called James and after 10 attempts, I was able to reach him. (He moonlights as a CS Operative at night, you know). Within 30 minutes, I saw him park in front of my car. As much as I would like to keep him company until the AAA person arrives,I had to go to the office because I have been missing for more than 1.5 hours already.

MORAL LESSON:
1) Check the tires everytime you leave.
2) Get a AAA card or call someone who has one.
3) Always keep your cellphone fully charged and set it at Normal mode.
4) Stay inside the car with the hazards on until help arrives.

Special Thanks to James Garcia :) Superman ka talaga!




1 comment:

markku said...

Talagang si Superman yan. :)
Ay sus naman, hanggang ngayon eh CS operative si James? Siguro sa sobrang training nyan eh pwede siya yung ipadala sa Russia para ubusin yung mga terrorista! :) Hehehe, pero jok lang yun. Sa payat nyan eh baka matumba pag humangin ng malakas! :)

Hahaha, peace James!