Friday, September 10, 2004

Alay Lakad

Yesterday, approximately 22,000 people from the City Hall, Federal Building
and LAPD participated in the largest emergency exercise ever attempted by the
City of Los Angeles.

We were warned that this may take up to two hours so I went to work
in denim pants, cotton shirt and rubber shoes. I used to black out whenever
I am subject to too much heat or if it's too crowded. I didn't want to pass
out in front of everybody so I decided to request a BIG breakfast (Mc Griddles,
Hash Browns, Coffee and Cinnamon Roll) from James. *burp*

The drill commenced with a notification via the building's PA System. As
soon as I heard it, I immediately walked towards the nearest stairwell.
The elevators were shut down so we had to walk from the 14th all the way down.

I didn't realize that it was that important to conduct this particular
exercise until we stepped out of the building. Aside from us, there were cops,
firefighters and even the media were there to get some coverage. In addition,
an LAPD chopper was hovering above the Civic Center Area. It was so surreal!

After hanging out for an hour or so at Olvera Street, the Firefighters gave
us the signal to go back to our respective buildings in an orderly fashion.
Needless to say, the drill ended successfully. Our floor was cleared and
almost everybody participated. Yay!

***

PS
Sakit ng legs ko ngayon :(

No comments: