It's a Small World After All
When I arrived here in the US, I could hardly prepare a decent meal.
All I knew were the basics : steamed rice, fried egg, hotdog and adobo.
But through constant experimentation, I should say that my culinary skills
have greatly improved in the last four years.
The recipes that I have come from various sources. Some were from Nora Daza
(I grabbed a copy of her cookbook on my last trip to Manila) others were from
Food TV. But my current favorite are the ones that Ate Angela gave me.
I met Ate Angela through our Bible Study groups in church. We've been
friends for almost a year now and it wasn't until recently that she told me
that she used to own a small restaurant along Katipunan Avenue, (just
across Ateneo). I couldn't believe it at first because I know that area like
the back of my hand and I can't remember any place that goes by that name.
Then she told me that before she migrated, she sold her recipes to Full House.
In case you didn't know, Full House happens to be one of my favorite restaurants
in Katipunan. I just love their Chicken Kiev to bits!!!
A few days after that, Ate Angela just did the unthinkable: she gave me copies
of her recipes. As usual, sobrang sarap!
Small World talaga. Who would've thought!?!?
Last Night's Supper
I am so proud because my Kare-Kare was a success! Imagine,
my father-in-law told me sabaw palang, masarap na a.
Even James kept thanking me for preparing his request. He told
me it was good. Complements like that are very encouraging.
I felt rewarded for all the effort that I have exerted in putting together
our dinner last night.
Kaya lang, medyo palpak yung leche flan ko... leche!
Friday, September 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ang swerte naman! you have the recipe for fullhouse's chicken kiev! i'd ask you to share it but it wouldn't do any good because i can't cook to save my life :)
hi Reg!
parang gusto ko tuloy kumain ng kare-kare.
=)
-Rose S.
Naks, ang sarap naman nito, usapang pagkain! :) Nagutom tuloy ako. Hehehe. Kare-kare, mahirap prepare yun di ba? Congrats!
Sandali, di ba paborito rin ni James ang leche flan?
yep, sarap nga honey! tapos spaghetti naman the day after...yum!!! kare-kare ulit please. love you hun! thanks for taking time to learn all these and prepare it for your family. :*
-james
Hi Gerb! my name is Sue and i live in QC philippines. I graduated from Ateneo de Manila University. you might be wondering why i am writing you a message :) I'll start from the beginning... During my college days (at least the first 2 years), I used to eat at Full House almost everyday because I loved the chicken and the seafood crepes. It closed down when I was in my 3rd year. I tried to look for other branches but there were none. I even tried to look for the waitress that used to serve my food but again to no avail. Sharing this may be embarrassing but I have also tried to cook these meals myself a couple of times but the taste and texture is far from Fullhouse's. I have been craving for them over the past 5 years already so I tried to search it over Google to try my luck on finding a recipe. I used the words "Fullhouse Katipunan" to search and came across your blog. This might seem really shallow and silly a request but I am asking if you can share even the general recipe of the crepe? I would understand that the recipe that your friend shared to you is very personal and confidential but if you would allow, I would accept any advice or general info about it. Thank you very much for your time in reading this. If you have time, please reply through my e-mail address suesh_10@yahoo.com. I would appreciate that very much. thanks again and God bless.
Post a Comment