Thursday, September 30, 2004

Muni-muni Part 1

In less than two weeks, Josh would be turning 3. **sigh** How time
flies... It just seems like yesterday when we brought him home
from the hospital. Now he's transitioning into a precocious and
inquisitive little boy.

Coincidentally, it will be my first anniversary here at work
on October 14. I should say that I have been very productive in
the office. But, I'm not too sure if that goes with my family as well.

I've been assessing myself as a wife and a mom and I honestly,
don't think that I have been fruitful. That's why I've been seriously
thinking about moving my career from the boardroom to the playroom. I
want to be a home maker.

At this day and age when success is measured by your paycheck, it is
sad to see mothers leaving their children to baby sitters just to chase
their personal ambitions. What they don't realize is that it is not
a responsibility but a privilege to raise the next generation -- our
future leaders. Indeed, it is far more noble than any profession on this
earth.

1 comment:

Jillsabs said...

i think being a homemaker is as much a career as being an executive.

i personally applaud the women who choose to stay at home rather than chase, as you put it, "their personal ambitions".

Josh looks adorable :)