"You see, he lives in you..."
- Rafiki speaking to Simba about his father (Mufasa)
Just when I thought that I have come to terms with my Papa's passing, I have arrived at an odd (but wonderful) realization: He never left. He is still here with me.
Genetically speaking, the very first mitosis would never have happened without his "contribution". My DNA is what it is partly because of who he was. Spiritually, his memories and words of wisdom affects my reactions, assumptions and decisions, among others. I should say that who I am today has been greatly influenced by how he was. And for that I am simply amazed.
So now, I can honestly say that my Papa still lives. He lives in me.
Heavenly Father, I thank you for this revelation. You are truly an awesome GOD.
Thursday, July 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment