Friday, July 09, 2004

Surprise :( Surprise :)

Bad News

Tita Remy's Father suffered a stroke two days ago and was in deep
coma since then. He was suppose to undergo surgery to remove the
clot in his brain. But since his vital signs were not stable,
this was eventually ruled out as an option. Late yesterday afternoon,
I caught Tita Remy sobbing. Apparently, her father's life support
would be unplugged by 8pm that same evening.

It is odd that despite of its certainty, death still renders us
shocked and more often than not, leaves us unprepared.

Good News

Josh loves bedtime reading. As he rests his head on his pillow,
I pull out his little Bible. He often asks me to read 'David and Goliath'
and last night was no exception.

As I began reading, I played a little game with Josh. I ommitted the
last word of every line. To my surprise, Josh finished each sentence for me.
I'm used to him singing silly songs, mumbling dialogs from his DVDs
but memorizing a story? That is just beyond me!

It really pays to read to a child. Aside from being an opportunity to
impart good values, it also allows people to bond. You reap what you sow.
And what happened last night proves that what we are doing as parents
impact our children's lives. By spending time, we opened doors that would
educate our son without taking away the joy of learning. This
encouraged me to be committed to my son now, more than ever. :)

Power Verse:
And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly
and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap,
if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.

Gal 6:9 (Amplified)


No comments: