Monday, July 19, 2004

Is it worth it?

We just got back from a four-day vacation at Carmel yesterday.
Unexpectedly, I didn't have a hard time adjusting to our regular weekday
schedule. In fact, I was able to get up at 5:14 am.  And by 7am, I was
already finished doing the laundry, preparing lunch and taking a bath
(not mentioning putting on makeup).
 
For Josh,  it's the total opposite. He was still fast asleep when I took
him to school. And when we arrived at Study Circle,  he was still in a 
REM state. For a second, I thought of calling in sick so I could just
spend the day with him. But as soon as our bills came to mind,
I immediately snapped out of it.
 
As I was leaving, my son clung on to me and hugged me so tightly.
Tears streamed down his face and he was asking me to kiss and
embrace him.  It was so painful to see him that way, that I could
almost hear my heart breaking.
 
Is earning a lot of money more important that witnessing my
son's growth and  achievements ? Is success measured by the amount
of money that we have or by the kind of  person that our children become?
 
I know that by the end of the day, it all boils down to what my priorities
are. I just hope that GOD will help me figure out what these are
before it's too late.






No comments: