We didn't do anything out of the ordinary on Christmas Eve. We just stayed
home because my father-in-law had stomach flu and leaving him alone
would obviously be a bad choice. So what did we do? Chinese movie
marathon, baby! HAHA! We watched "The House of Flying Daggers", "Love on
a Diet" plus another one (which I can't remember as of press time). And
yea, we slept too!
On Christmas day, as soon as we got up, we rushed to the living room and
started opening presents. Josh got A LOT of presents. And when I say A LOT
I mean A WHOLE LOT! He received clothesssss (I'm sure we won't need to buy
anything for him within the next six months), a battery-operated Thomas
Train,a Fisher Price doodle pad, Leap Pad, books, a Veggie Tales DVD, Hokey
Pokey Elmo, Subaro Impreza RC, Polariod Portable DVD Player and cash!
Napaka-swerteng bata talaga!
I too received presents from my officemates. But, I didn't trade gifts
with all of them; I only gave those who are close to me. I received three
boxes of chocolate, a rechargeable lamp, a clock, movie tickets, olive oil
and a Starbucks giftcard. (James and) I also received a tempur-pedic
mattress pad, a beauty set and a talking picture frame. Not bad, huh?
I really miss spending Christmas in the Philippines. Beyond the lights,
the music and the cheerful facade, Christmas here feels empty. It's almost
like any other holiday except that you get to give/receive presents. I've
already spent five Christmases and everytime, it fails to meet my expectations.
Ewan ko ba, talagang iba ang Pasko sa atin.
So, that's Christmas 2004 for me. Despite of what I feel about the season,
I am still thankful that God loved me so much that he sent Jesus. After all,
Christmas is not and is NEVER going to be about ME, it will and should
ALWAYS be about HIM. :)
Have a Happy, Safe and Prosperous New Year! 2005, here we come!!!
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hey gerb! yeah i am from victory! hehehe.. cool stuff! you go to morning star huh? you guys doin the prayer and fasting too? :-p
blog/site to my favorites. I also have a blog/site you're invited to visit
Great Blog! I also have a site about caffeine content of chocolate milk
. You can check it out at caffeine content of chocolate milk
Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!
FREE DVD Camcorder
I enjoyed you blog about brush stroke. I also have a site about brush stroke which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!
Every so often a post like Christmas 2004 grabs my attention while I'm chasing around for the latest
and greatest info about christmas cake decorations . And what a pleasure to read someone who apparently not only knows what they're talking about, but apparently also walks the talk. Thank you gerb . Is there any chance you'll be commenting on christmas cake decorations at any stage?
With Christmas 2004 in mind, where would you place the emphasis? Sometimes it gets cloudy when you start into christmas decorations online and I for one can get confused. Would it be OK to juct pick up wherever you're at right now?
Hi gerb,
I am a writer and I research gift ideas for e-books on original gift ideas for Christmas and other events like Valentine's, Easter etc. I also organize gift ideas per receiver, like for babies, for kids, for teens, for grandparents, for dog lovers, for him, for her, etc Or I organize them by category like romantic gifts and inexpensive gifts. In my research I also go through blogs that mention gifts and gift ideas or events like Christmas. That is how I came upon your blog this post. I would appreciate if you would share just one successful gift idea with me, for instance a Christmas gift for a mom. I hope that my question doesn't annoy you. And I apologize if it does. I thought if I'd just ask enough people I'd wind up with plenty of good ideas to share with others again. That is what networking is all about, right? Or let's call it the spirit of Christmas. Let me know if I can do something for you. You can find my free e-books with gift ideas here: http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com. God bless.
Chevalier Blanc
Post a Comment