Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 7: Sunday

I am 5 weeks pregnant and so far, I feel pretty much the same. No morning sickness. No cravings. Just a little bit sleepy, that's all. :)

Now that I'm expecting, I plan to make healthy choices for me and my baby. I don't want to make the same mistake of stuffing my face with food because I'm eating for two. This time, I want to follow a balanced diet, get enough sleep and exercise regularly. I have no problems with the eating and sleeping part. But I want to be assured that I can still engage in running. I have been doing this since July 2009 and I can cover up to 25 miles per week. I have been reading a lot of articles about this and so far most of them have been encouraging. I have yet to hear from my doctor though. Until then, I plan to do some light jogging just to keep myself from being sedentary.

Here are some articles that I read:

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/health_wellness/fitness_food_weight/article/running-pregnancy
http://www.maternity-clothing-fashions.com/pregnancy_exercises.htm
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/content/content.jsp?contentId=500043

No comments: