Now, as a married woman with 3 kids, I still get that star treatment from my husband and kids. James wanted me to take the whole day off but my boss wouldn't let me (that's another topic altogether but anyway...). I woke up to a fresh cup of Gloria Jean's coffee made especially by my dear husband. My sweet mother-in-law whipped up some pancakes for me as I sipped my cup of Joe. James and I made a side trip to Ralph's Fresh Fare to get pork, shrimp, pechay and carrots before going to Changes Salon at Simi Valley for my 1pm haircut appointment. Then we had lunch at Limon Restaurant at the Simi Valley Town Center. Our server, Shabby was a delight as she went over the menu with us. We ordered a pitcher of Cadillac Margarita, the Churrasco steak and a plate of Cheese/Chicken/Steak enchilada. Everything was G-O-O-D!
The highlight of my day was our spa appointment at the Coldwater Creek Spa. James signed us up for the 80-minute ultimate massage and the 30-minutes organic facial. He ended up paying a lot for those services but I should say that getting some pampering every now and then is not too bad. I look forward to doing it again on our 10th year anniversary this year :)
As I turn another year older, I would like to honor the following:
1) God -- thank you for always watching over me and my family. thank you for loving us and being in control of our future.
2) James -- I am very blessed to have you as my husband any my partner for life. Thank you for making me feel special everyday. Thank you for believing in me and for inspiring me to reach for my dreams. I love you.
3) Josh, Justine and Jamie -- Life is richer because of you. I hope that I can help you fulfill God's purpose. I am proud to be the mom of tomorrow's world-changers.
4) Ma -- thank you for raising me to be the woman that I am today. thank you for spending your life taking care of me and my sisters even when things became difficult. you are an inspiration. I love you.
5) Papa -- thank you for being such a loving father to me and my sisters. thank you for inspiring me to work hard and for believing that everything is possible -- and i mean everything. i love you and i miss you terribly.
6) Bing and Reena -- You are the best sisters in the whole world. I love you.
7) Jo, Trinity, Love -- Thank for always being there for me. I treasure your friendship. I love you.
8) The Garcia Family - I am blessed to be part of your family. You are all special to me. Thank you for accepting and loving me for who I am. I love you all.
9) The Hernandez Family -- Tita Thezzy, Tito Francis and Noel. You have always made us feel part of your family. I love you.
10) To my friends and loved ones -- I thank the Lord everyday for all of you.
Now that I am 31, I would like to do new things. I don't want to merely survive, I want to thrive. I am grateful for the life that I have today but I also feel that I was made to do something bigger than myself. I want to push my limits. I want to face my fears. But, what if I fail?
1 comment:
We'll be there with you and we'll try again...and again until you succeed. I love you hunny!
Post a Comment