Cell Group Meeting
We had our first Cell Group Meeting for the year last night at the
Global Cafe. We talked about preparing and moving forward in 2005.
There's something about a new day, or a new week that brings promise,
hope and optimism. For this New Year I believe that we should have an
expectant heart to see what God has in store for us in 2005.
We began the meeting with a powerful verse from Jeremiah 29:11-14
(New International Version):
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a
future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and
I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek
me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD
, "and will bring you back from captivity. [a] I will gather you from
all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the
LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you
into exile."
With that Word, I am challenging you to pray and present your goals,
dreams and desires to the Lord. Believe that God has great things
planned for your life this year. I guarantee you that if you let him
take the Driver's seat, he's going to take you to places that you have
never even imagined.
Being Bilingual
I was on the phone with one of my co-workers when I got an email from
one of my (Filipino) friends. Being the multi-tasker that I am, I tried
listening to my co-worker's questions while reading my email. I wasn't
sure I understood what he was trying to ask me so I blurted out,
"Ano ulit sinabi mo? Pakiulit?". Hahahah!! I just spoke to him in Filipino!
Putek, lafftriff!
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and that's one of my favorite verses!
Post a Comment