Saturday, May 08, 2010

Week 19: Saturday

As I celebrate another mother's day, I remember my own mom. She devoted her life to us, her 3 daughters. She sacrificed a lot at a very young age. She spent a lot of her adult life waiting -- waiting for our school bus to arrive, waiting for us to come home, waiting for Papa to visit ... And until now, she's still waiting for her own time to arrive. I haven't spoken to her in over 2 years. It's been an uphill battle since I left home in November, 2000. I have tried to reach out to her so many times but here we are, still were we were 10 years ago. Ma, if you happen to stumble upon this blog, please forgive me for everything that I have done. I hope that someday we can redeem the moments that have been taken away from us. I love you and I would like to thank you for everything that you have done for me and my sisters. Happy Mother's Day ...

***

I am frustrated about a lot of things. I have failed so many times. I fall short in a lot of things. I try so hard -- to no avail. In those moments where I am still and quiet, I see my defeated self struggling to make sense out of my life. It is only when I turn the pages of my Bible that I am reminded that in the eyes of God, I matter. And that is all that matters.

No comments: