Jeremy is 1 week old today. Everybody is still adjusting to having an infant around the house. While it is challenging taking care of 3 other kids, I am very happy that my pregnancy days are finally over. Here are the highlights of Jeremy's 1st week:
Sunday -- October 10
Baby #4 was officially named Jeremy Austin Villanueva Garcia. He was born at 12:16 PDT in UCLA Ronald Reagan Center. He weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 20.25 inches long. Many thanks to Dr. Alex Chiang, Dr. Amy Shah, Dr. Christine Lee (anesthesiologist) and Nurse Wendy Lam.
Monday -- October 11
Jeremy and I were discharged at 12 noon. We ordered lunch at Thai BBQ and headed home. That evening, Julie and Dave came over to celebrate Josh's 9th birthday over KFC Chicken and Coldstone ice cream cake.
Wednesday -- October 13
We brought Jeremy to the UCLA Department of Pediatrics to have his jaundice checked. The doctors said that he looked yellow and they did some lab work to check his bilurubin levels. The doctor recommended supplementing with formula until the breastmilk supply meets the baby's needs.
Thursday -- October 14
I had a parent-teacher conference at Los Primeros with Mrs. Susan Piott. She recommended speech therapy for Justine to help my daughter produce the sounds that she should have at her age. I am glad that Justine is getting help in this area.
I had a meltdown later in the afternoon. Having almost zero sleep seemed to have taken its toll. I am so blessed that James is patient in dealing with me even when I have "those moments". He consoled me and volunteered to watch the baby overnight so I can get some rest. I really am the luckiest woman in the world for having such a wonderful man like him.
In the evening, Dad and Mas came over to meet the new member of the Garcia family.
Friday -- October 15
Good News! Jeremy weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces (.5 ounces heavier than his last weigh-in) and is now peeing and pooping regularly. The doctors said that his jaundice should be gone in about 10 days.
Saturday -- October 16
Ate Cecil and her family paid us a visit. I was so excited to see the kids especially, Cathy. My girls are so fond of her and seeing them play together just makes me smile. Thanks for the Bibingka and Palabok, Ate :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment