Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Album Review: Avalon

I am a music fan. That's why even when I'm at work I still tune in to Launchcast radio (via the internet). This station has introduced me to various music genres including Contemporary Christian Music. Artists like Darlene Zschech, Jaci Velasquez, Steven Curtis Chapman, Stacie Orrico, Amy Grant, Mercyme, Sonic Flood and Avalon are now on my list of favorites.

I wanted to collect CD from these guys so I decided to take advantage of a "Buy 1 CD get 12 free" offer at
Sound and Spirit last January. The catch? Well, they send you CDs every month. The good thing about it is that you could always send it back through mail if you don't want your credit card to get charged.

Anyway, I was so delighted when they sent me "The Creed" by Avalon this month. I love all of their songs especially "All", "Far Away From Here", "Overjoyed" and "You Were There". One thing that I like about this album is that each member was given a chance to shine. And the variation does not stop there. Even the tempo of their songs differ from one track to another.

I strongly recommend this CD. I myself didn't let this offer pass.


My rating: 5 stars.




No comments: