I am currently reading Chapter 3 of A Woman After God's Heart (by Elizabeth George). I've made some notes on my journal and I'd like to share these with you.
There are several benefits from committing a regular, daily and unhurried prayer time with GOD. I encourage you to develop a habit of drawing near to GOD. Design a personal time that matches your lifestyle. Find a specific place to meet with the Lord. It doesn't matter if you only start with 10 minutes of prayer. It's better than having none at all.
Benefit#1: A Deeper Relationship with GOD
- Prayer increases faith in GOD (Create a prayer list. In the future, look back and you will discover that GOD answers our prayers)
- Prayer provides a place to unload burdens
- Prayer teaches us that God is always near. (Psalms 46:1)
- Prayer changes lives
Benefit #2 Greater Purity
Benefit #3 Increased confidence in making decisions
- Make it a point to consult with GOD before making any decisions (Acts 13:22)
Benefit #4 Improved Relationships
- You cannot think of yourself and others at the same time.
- You cannot hate the person you are praying for
- You cannot neglect the person you are praying for
Benefit #5 Contentment
- If GOD doesn't meet it, you don't need it.
Benefit #6 GOD-Confidence
- We become more confident in GOD than in our own strengths and abilities.
Benefit #7 The Ministry of Prayer
- Interceding for other people makes a difference in the history of other people's lives.
Things to Do
- Start a prayer log
- Set aside a time each day for prayer
- Pray always
- Pray faithfully for others
- Take seriously the power and privilege of Prayer.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills -
From whence comes my help ?
My help comes from the Lord
- Psalm 121:1-2
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment